Research Infrastructure Development (RID)
The New Mexico Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (NM NASA EPSCoR) Research Infrastructure Development (RID) is designed to provide seed funding to faculty who are conducting research that aligns with NASA Mission Directorates and NASA Field Centers. The purpose of this program is to provide funding to develop competitive research and technology projects and programs for the solution of scientific and technical problems of importance to NASA. The participation by minorities, women, and persons with disabilities is strongly encouraged.
There is no deadline to apply. This funding opportunity is open year-round, contingent upon funding.
- Faculty who have never received a RID or RIG in the past will be given priority in making awards. Faculty who have already received funding in the past and apply again will be given secondary priority.
- Faculty cannot be a PI and/or Co-PI on a RID and RIG simultaneously. One active award at a time.
- Only New Mexico faculty are eligible.
- U.S. citizenship is not required for faculty or students directly funded by this RID award.
- Funds are provided by NASA. Awards are contingent on funding from NASA, and are awarded depending on availability of funds.
- Used for research aligning with work at NASA Field Centers and Mission Directorates.
- Expenditures for foreign travel are prohibited.